If you happen to have a retail store, aside from a hefty rent, you would also have to maintain the car park, which is an essential add on for any shop, and if business is brisk, that asphalt surface can soon become in need of repair.
Mr Pothole specialises in car park maintenance and repairs, and here are just a few of the things we can do.
- Potholes — These are usually the result of extended wear and tear, and when the bitumen begins to break down, you will see weed growth sprouting, which is a sure sign the surface has been compromised. At Mr Pothole, we’ve been taking care of Perth’s car parks since the early 90s, and we know how to maintain the surface and keep things orderly.
- Line Marking — Of course, the white lines will fade over time, and the typical driver is lost without this very visible indication, and if you ever require an expansion, we’d be happy to provide the extra markings.
- Kerbing or Brick Paving — The perimeter of the parking area must also be in good shape, and although you will have public liability insurance, no one likes to be the cause of a person’s injury, so make sure you have the perimeter checked for problems and have them repaired promptly.
- Speed Humps — Many parking areas require speed humps and they must be positioned correctly, if you are to slow the traffic down as required. Our experienced designers can calculate the distance between the ramps and also the critical shape, which does make all the difference.
- Disabled Markings — If you have a car parking area, it is recommended to have space reserved for the disabled, and also you must highlight where pedestrians should cross, and of course, you might require wheelchair ramps, which can easily be incorporated into the layout.
- Sweeping — Some car parks seem to collect leaves and other natural debris, and a regular sweep will keep the area looking its best. You might want us to regularly visit and repair whatever is needed, for a specified amount of time, and that way, you can be sure the area is up to standard, and if anything substantial needed to be done, you would, of course, be informed.
- Profiling — The parking area might not be at the ideal elevation, and with some heavy machinery, it is possible to profile the area prior to laying the asphalt, and with the right grading, water run offs won’t be a problem.
- Sealing — If a tarmac surface is sealed, it will prolong its life, and this service is a common maintenance operation, possibly every year, to ensure the surface is not permeated by water. If your parking area is looking a little jaded, but you are unsure how to proceed, contact us today — we’d love to help.
Car parks need to be well looked after, and it is a reflection on the company as a whole, so it really should look the part.